That’s not a trick question. A standard alcoholic drink (in the US) is a drink that contains the equivalent of 14.0 grams (0.6 ounces) of pure alcohol, or the amount usually found in: 12 ounces of beer 8 ounces of malt liquor 5 ounces of wine (not dessert wine or port) 1.5 ounces or a […]
Tag Archives | dessert wine
Is There Less Alcohol And Fewer Calories In a Serving Of Wine Than There Is In Beer Or A Standard Drink?
Do you love wine with dinner – or maybe a glass of champagne at your friend’s wedding? What about that wonderful, sweet, thick dessert wine to polish off a fantastic meal? You may have your preference – most of us do – but whether it’s red, white, dry, sweet, or sparkling, it is really easy […]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Holiday Eating Worries? If You’re Going To Indulge, Make It Special December 9, 2013
- A Holiday Gift December 7, 2013
- Your Holiday Eating Cheat Sheet December 5, 2013
- 12 Ways To Decrease Calories In Your Favorite Holiday Baked Goods – And They’ll Still Taste Great! December 3, 2013
- Leftover Turkey? How Long Can You Keep It? November 27, 2013
- barbara schwarz: I've been sending you lots of emails. Have you r...
- Mary: I always eat my oreos in feverish little nibbles...
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...