Would you like to save a few calories when you eat at fast food (or fast casual) restaurants? Here are some easy small changes you can make that don’t drastically change your meal (and they don’t include skipping dessert or having a cup of broth instead of a burger). Here are some suggestions: Pay very [...]
Tag Archives | fast food
It’s not stretch of hot white sand. It’s also not where you can come upon an oasis, shimmering in the heat, and find platters laden with fresh fruit like in old-time movies. Here’s what it is: the CDC defines a food desert as an area “that lack(s) access to affordable fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat [...]
Planning a road trip? You know that you’re going to have to stop for a snack or a meal along the way. Do you leave your food choices to chance? I drive a lot. I have three long road trips coming up in the next month. I know that I’m going to stop for a [...]
Happy Summer! Baseball season is in full swing and so are visits to amusement parks. What do you usually do at these places – other than watch the game, ride the roller coaster? EAT, of course! Oh, the food! Oh the calories! Hang on – this post is not about ignoring the good time food. [...]
After sugar sweetened beverages, fast food is the most unhealthy food product marketed to children. Fast food companies speak to children early, often, and when parents aren’t looking. Fast food is aggressively marketed toward children as young as two. In 2009 the fast food industry spent more than $4.2 billion on TV advertising and other [...]
The reasons why Americans are getting fat at an alarming rate might surprise you… An infographic courtesy of Healthy Meal Experts. Learn more about Healthy Meals Send to Kindle
The Boardwalk at Coney Island I spent most of Saturday at Coney Island. It was an absolutely beautiful day and I was there for a birthday party. What a fantastic idea. We all had lunch at a Peruvian chicken place. Chicken, rice and beans, plantains, and some French fries thrown in for good measure. The [...]
Batter Up Baseball season is in full swing. If you’re going to be at a game – major league, minor league, or little league – it’s become almost a habit to chow down on the food being hawked by vendors or purchased from the food court. Listed below are examples of some snacks and drinks [...]
If It Says Salad Does It Mean It’s Healthy? Short answer: No. Maybe your salad is healthy and delicious, or maybe it’s just delicious and far from a healthy meal. This is something I see all of the time: You are in line at a buffet or waiting to order your meal in a cafeteria. [...]
KFC’s One-Of-A-Kind Bunless Sandwich D-Day: April 12th, the premier day for KFC’s Double Down one-of-a-kind sandwich. What is it? A bunless sandwich made of two boneless white meat chicken filets stacked around two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese, and Colonel’s Sauce (mayonnaise based). As KFC says in [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Eat More: Add In Healthy Food To “Crowd Out” The Less Healthy Food May 24, 2013
- 15 Pretty Easy Ways To Burn 100 Calories May 23, 2013
- Vending Machines: What Are Your Favorite Letter/Number Combinations? May 22, 2013
- Do Ballparks And Amusement Parks Mean Hotdogs, Peanuts, And Cotton Candy? May 21, 2013
- What’s Your Favorite Movie Theater Food? May 20, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...