Oh, those frozen confections of a layer of ice cream sandwiched between two biscuits, cookies, or slices of cake. Hurray for the ice cream sandwich which ranks right up there as one of the best selling ice cream “novelties” in the US. At the beginning of the 20th century, New York City’s elite bought their scoops of ice cream in fancy [...]
Tag Archives | ice cream
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY Some Ice Cream Fun Facts “If you love Double Chocolate Chunk, you tend to be lively, creative and dramatic. Always the life of the party, you charm everyone you meet with your enthusiasm and sense of style. You enjoy being in the spotlight and prefer to be in the company of [...]
Some people like their ice cream without any embellishment, and for others, the more the better. Sometimes there’s nothing better than an ice cream sundae or a waffle cone with a bunch of toppings. Ice cream can be topped with just about anything can be made with just about anything and I freely admit that [...]
Do You Like Your Ice Cream Naked Or With Toppings? Sometimes there’s nothing better than an ice cream sundae. Sundaes can be made with just about anything and I freely admit that my favorite part is the stuff you put on top of ice cream, not the ice cream itself. So Many Choices You can [...]
So who hasn’t found themselves standing in the frozen fog shoving around frozen containers of frozen leftovers from last Thanksgiving looking for the container of Haagen-Dazs or Ben and Jerry’s or whatever brand you’ve got lurking in there. If you’re a goner and there’s no stopping the oncoming ice cream assault, here’s a way to [...]
I think hers is chocolate! But, she’s not in the majority. According to International Dairy Foods Association, here’s how the flavors rank along with the percentage of people preferring that flavor. The top five individual flavors in the United States are: Vanilla (27.8%) Chocolate (14.3%) Strawberry (3.3%) Chocolate chip (3.3%) Butter pecan (2.8%) Send to [...]
Oh that first taste of the stuff called ice cream — especially when it comes in its own hand held package! Send to Kindle
Amazingly, after a brutal winter and an almost non-existent spring, Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer has come and gone and what is more summer than strolling down the street, ice cream (or gelato or frozen yogurt) cone in hand?. The cold deliciousness of frozen desserts are hard to beat. The choices abound [...]
On the streets of New York . . . Yogo — spotted in the Meat Packing District — is served to order, non-fat frozen yogurt, in a cone or cup, with assorted toppingsl Mr. Softee — spotted on the Upper West Side — is soft ice cream that comes as sundaes, shakes, cones, and other [...]
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream Sometimes there’s nothing better than a good old ice cream sundae. As far as I’m concerned – and I’m far from an ice cream purist – my favorite thing is the stuff you can put on top of ice cream. The mixture of the topping [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Vending Machines: What Are Your Favorite Letter/Number Combinations? May 22, 2013
- Do Ballparks And Amusement Parks Mean Hotdogs, Peanuts, And Cotton Candy? May 21, 2013
- What’s Your Favorite Movie Theater Food? May 20, 2013
- Brunch: Is It Lunch Or Breakfast – And Do you End Up Eating Both? May 19, 2013
- Is It Coffee, A Frappuccino, A Coolatta, Or Dessert? May 18, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...