Take a peek at your family and friends. Do the bulk of them seem to be overflowing their chairs? A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine (N Engl J Med 2007;357:370-9) found that if you’re struggling with your weight, there is a good chance that your friends and family are, too. Using [...]
Tag Archives | obesity
It starts with watching this video: 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? DocMikeEvans If you are receiving this post via email you might have to view it online. Click here. Send to Kindle
Since 2006, Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation have released an annual report on obesity. This year’s report, F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America’s Future 2011 (available as a PDF download), unveils some downright alarming statistics. Some Major Findings: Adult Obesity Rates and Trends (2008-2010) Adult obesity rates rose [...]
That’s Right! Cheer for how much you will be helping your health by not sitting so much. Check out these stats and graphics courtesy of Medical Billing and Coding.org. Via: Medical Billing And Coding Send to Kindle
New York city, uptown #2 train, Saturday night. Not too crowded, most people are wearing their subway stares – avoiding eye contact, eyes glazed over, ipod earbuds in place, bodies rocking with the motion of the train. My trip isn’t long enough to pull out something to read, so I start to scan the ads [...]
Take a good look around you – at your family and friends. Do the bulk of them seem to be overflowing their chairs? A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine (N Engl J Med 2007;357:370-9) seems to indicate that if you’re struggling with your weight, there is a good chance that your [...]
I’m a Mom, too, and I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel as though I carry both the blame and responsibility for just about everything. Mom’s Role in Preventing Obesity Well, here’s one more thing. A recent online survey of 1,037 women, 18 and older, by HealthyWomen, an independent online health information source [...]
A Prescription For Veggies? Yea for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the docs at three medical centers who are writing prescriptions for produce for families with weight problems. Families with low incomes get coupons for produce that they can redeem at local farmers’ markets. The value of a coupon is $1 per person per day. [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Eat More: Add In Healthy Food To “Crowd Out” The Less Healthy Food May 24, 2013
- 15 Pretty Easy Ways To Burn 100 Calories May 23, 2013
- Vending Machines: What Are Your Favorite Letter/Number Combinations? May 22, 2013
- Do Ballparks And Amusement Parks Mean Hotdogs, Peanuts, And Cotton Candy? May 21, 2013
- What’s Your Favorite Movie Theater Food? May 20, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...