http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cadbury_eggs.png Send to Kindle
Tag Archives | soda
If you do drink soda, you might want to take a good look at this graphic. If you don’t drink soda you might want to take a good look at this graphic, too. Then, you can congratulate yourself on the good habit of not drinking soda and perhaps suggest to soda drinking friends and family [...]
What’s An Egg Cream? It isn’t made with eggs or cream. It has a complex taste – sort of like what’s left over in the bottom of your glass after you eat the ice cream out of an ice cream soda. You can’t find bottled egg creams – although companies have tried – because the [...]
New York city, uptown #2 train, Saturday night. Not too crowded, most people are wearing their subway stares – avoiding eye contact, eyes glazed over, ipod earbuds in place, bodies rocking with the motion of the train. My trip isn’t long enough to pull out something to read, so I start to scan the ads [...]
Lazy, Hazy Days Of Summer It’s summer. It’s hot. You’re thirsty. You want some shade and something cool – or maybe ice cold – to drink. Just remember – a lot of those cool, refreshing drinks come with a hefty dose of calories. Check Out The Calories You might be surprised at the caloric content [...]
Do you have a clue about how much added sugar you eat each day? Added sugar is the kind that doesn”t occur naturally, like in fruit, but is added during food processing, preparation, or at the table. Because food labels show only grams or percentages of sugar in a product rather than the number of [...]
How many calories . . . how much sugar? In a recent post in his blog, Weighty Matters, Dr. Yoni Freedhoff asks an excellent question: “What happens if you drink a can of Coke daily for a year?” His startling answer: ”you’d end up slurping up 32,850 calories along with nearly 40 cups of sugar. [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Vending Machines: What Are Your Favorite Letter/Number Combinations? May 22, 2013
- Do Ballparks And Amusement Parks Mean Hotdogs, Peanuts, And Cotton Candy? May 21, 2013
- What’s Your Favorite Movie Theater Food? May 20, 2013
- Brunch: Is It Lunch Or Breakfast – And Do you End Up Eating Both? May 19, 2013
- Is It Coffee, A Frappuccino, A Coolatta, Or Dessert? May 18, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...