Here’s another way to think about Halloween candy — how much walking will it take to work off the candy calories? According to walking.com: 1 Fun Size candy bar (Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfingers, etc. is about 80 calories. You’d need to walk 0.8 miles, 1.29 kilometers, or 1600 steps, assuming you cover one mile in […]
Tag Archives | trick or treat
Come on, ‘fess up. What do you do? Do you just randomly grab candy out of trick or treat bags – or are you more selective? If your kids go trick or treating, when they get home do you dump everything in the bag on the table and go through it to hunt down your […]
Here are the calories in some popular Halloween candy in case you want to minimize the caloric damage (you didn’t read that wrong — candy has a big range of calories and fat grams): Brach’s Milk Maid Caramels: 4 pieces; 160 calories; 4.5 g fat Kit Kat: Twix Miniatures (3 pieces); 150 calories; […]
1. Candy corn was created in the 1880s by the Wunderlee Candy Company. It was popular among farmers who loved the corn kernel shaped candy that looked different from a lot of other candy. The Goelitz Candy Company, famous for their candy corn, began selling their brand around 1900. They still make candy corn today, […]
What do you think: 3500, 5000, 7500??? Keep in mind that it takes 3500 calories (above your daily caloric needs to gain a pound. A public heath expert estimated that, on average, a child in the US collects between 3,500 and 7,000 candy calories on Halloween night. To burn off 7000 calories, a one hundred […]
Halloween conjures up images of ghosts, ghouls, witches – and candy corn, tootsie rolls, snickers, and kit-kats. The Halloween costumes vary depending on what’s trendy – and the Halloween candy varies depending on what’s on sale, what you buy, what you like or dislike, and what makes it’s way into the house in trick or […]
If you do, you can start shedding your guilt because you’re certainly not alone. Let’s put it another way: Is it almost a foregone conclusion that there’s Halloween candy in your future? The candy assault on your senses is pretty hard to escape. It’s everywhere in glowing Technicolor on shelf after shelf in big box stores, […]
A public heath expert has estimated that, on average, a child in the US collects between 3,500 and 7,000 candy calories on Halloween night. She says that to burn off 7000 calories, a one hundred pound child would have to walk for almost 44 hours or play full-court basketball for 14.5 hours. With 31% of […]
Is it almost a foregone conclusion that there’s Halloween candy in your future? It’s pretty hard to escape because it’s everywhere – on desks, in restaurants, even in my veterinarian’s office in a nice purple bowl with a dog bone painted on the side. Halloween and the week afterward accounts for about 5% of all […]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- 10 Tips For Eating Well In A Restaurant March 7, 2014
- Leftovers: How Long Before You Have To Toss Them? March 3, 2014
- Here’s The Original Girl Scout Cookie Recipe (circa 1922) February 27, 2014
- Some Really Sensible and Easy To Follow Dietary Guidelines February 24, 2014
- Love Pie? Did You Know There’s A Huge Variation In Calories? February 16, 2014
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: I wish I could say the same for my cookies -- I en...
- Carolyn Adams: I enjoy your articles very much. Ironically I als...
- Valentine’s Day Tips! - New Homes Colorado Springs: […] to EatOutEatWell.com, there are about 1....
- 30 Easy And Doable Eat Out Resolutions To Try -- Pick One! - Eat Out, Eat Well: […] more ideas. Subscribe to EatOutEatWell...
- Taking A Break? Renting A Holiday Movie? Can You Name Some Famous Ones? - Eat Out, Eat Well: […] For more holiday trivia, eating tips, an...