Stand up. If you can, do it as much as possible. According to Stand Up (more) & Eat (better), The Cooper Institute’s blog, you burn 33% more calories by standing instead of sitting. What are you waiting for? Send to Kindle
Tag Archives | activity
Your workplace can be a major food landmine when you’re trying to eat well. We spend a lot of hours at work — whether that means time at the office, at home, in the car, on an airplane, in a hotel, in a retail store, or anywhere else you conduct your business. The challenges are [...]
According to Health Day TV there are some great outdoor ways to burn off a few of those extra calories you consumed – perhaps the ones left over from an indulgent 4th of July barbecue. For each hour of activity (caloric burn varies somewhat with your size and effort): Golf, walking with your clubs: 330 [...]
That’s Right! Cheer for how much you will be helping your health by not sitting so much. Check out these stats and graphics courtesy of Medical Billing and Coding.org. Via: Medical Billing And Coding Send to Kindle
Stress is a trigger for emotional eating for many people. Why not hang around with some gorgeous trees showing off their springtime splendor like these in Riverside Park in New York City. A perfect antidote to those extra trips to the fridge. Send to Kindle
What Is Clean Eating? Clean eating is about wholesome and natural food – food that isn’t full of chemicals, preservatives, additives and isn’t processed and/or refined. Clean eating is healthy eating. All of the whole, natural, unprocessed foods in a clean diet are chock full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other nutrition that will help [...]
There is a heck of a lot of snow outside. I actually can’t open my kitchen door because of a gigantic snowdrift. Many hours after the snow has deposited a foot and a half of whiteness (without the drifts), the guy who plows my driveway hasn’t been here yet because his truck broke down. It also happens to be two days after Christmas. I served lunch to twenty people on Christmas Day. I have leftovers – lots of them – and most of them are not, by any stretch of the imagination, of the low calorie variety. Being stuck inside with many leftovers in the fridge and a post-holiday slump leads to almost continuous nibbling and noshing. What to do?
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Brunch: Is It Lunch Or Breakfast – And Do you End Up Eating Both? May 19, 2013
- Is It Coffee, A Frappuccino, A Coolatta, Or Dessert? May 18, 2013
- Are Your Snacks The Equivalent Of Another Meal? May 17, 2013
- How Many Calories Do You Drink? May 16, 2013
- It’s Really True: Shopping When You’re Hungry Means More Calories In Your Cart May 15, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...