You’ve finished dinner – perhaps you’re stuffed to the gills – and some chocolate along with the check. It could be those squares nicely wrapped in shiny foil or it could be some chunks of the really dark stuff artfully arranged on a plate. Somehow there magically seems to be some room for the chocolate [...]
Tag Archives | coffee
Morning coffee. Coffee break. Afternoon tea. A nice cup after dinner. Many of us love – need – our coffee or tea. Hot, cold, it doesn’t always matter. But, as you dump sugar and pour cream into mugs, thermoses, and those too hot to touch cardboard take-out containers, have you ever thought about how many [...]
Have you noticed that a lot of renovated gas stations now have mini-marts or convenience stores with clean(er) bathrooms and coffee that comes regular or decaf but also dark velvet, hazelnut, and vanilla? Are Gas Stations The New Convenience Stores? Convenience stores sell about 80& of the gasoline purchased in the United States each year. [...]
I was in a restaurant the other night and the server brought a bunch of those individually wrapped dark chocolates along with the bill. There were six of us at the table so there was a small pile of the foil wrapped goodies on the table. I watched an almost four year old girl (who [...]
You’ve spent the day shopping – or working – or taking care of the kids – or any combination of the above – and by mid- afternoon you really want a nice, hot satisfying treat. It’s pretty tough to resist some of the irresistibly named hot and flavorful drinks that Starbuck’s and Dunkin’ Donuts have [...]
How do you like your coffee? Black, light and sweet, regular? Coffee Calories Can Sneak Up On You Black brewed coffee has around two calories in an eight ounce cup. Not a bad deal for a nice, hot beverage. What a lot of us fail to realize is how many calories are in the stuff [...]
Most of us recognize the energizing, wake-up character of coffee – but too often we forget its other “power.” A Power Outage Connecticut was hit very hard by hurricane Irene. As I write this there are still half a million people without power and in an area like mine — a lot of homes have [...]
Valley Of Fatigue When I was a kid there was a commercial on TV for Welch’s Grape Juice. The gist of the commercial was that when you hit your 3 or 4PM energy drain – or what they called the “valley of fatigue” — a nice glass of Welch’s grape juice would help you climb [...]
Lazy, Hazy Days Of Summer It’s summer. It’s hot. You’re thirsty. You want some shade and something cool – or maybe ice cold – to drink. Just remember – a lot of those cool, refreshing drinks come with a hefty dose of calories. Check Out The Calories You might be surprised at the caloric content [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Mayonnaise-Based Salads Can Have Over The Top Calories June 18, 2013
- How To Keep Grilled Food Safe To Eat June 13, 2013
- How To Keep Your Food Safe In The Sun And Heat June 11, 2013
- 10 Ways To Save Calories At Summer Parties, Picnics, And Barbecues June 6, 2013
- Nine Easy Calorie Saving Tips June 4, 2013
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...