It starts with watching this video: 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health? DocMikeEvans If you are receiving this post via email you might have to view it online. Click here. Send to Kindle
Tag Archives | exercise
Stand up. If you can, do it as much as possible. According to Stand Up (more) & Eat (better), The Cooper Institute’s blog, you burn 33% more calories by standing instead of sitting. What are you waiting for? Send to Kindle
According to Health Day TV there are some great outdoor ways to burn off a few of those extra calories you consumed – perhaps the ones left over from an indulgent 4th of July barbecue. For each hour of activity (caloric burn varies somewhat with your size and effort): Golf, walking with your clubs: 330 […]
That’s Right! Cheer for how much you will be helping your health by not sitting so much. Check out these stats and graphics courtesy of Medical Billing and Coding.org. Via: Medical Billing And Coding Send to Kindle
I love dogs and I love my hometown, New York City. Who says all city residents are Type A and harried? Maybe we could learn a thing or two from our four legged friends who appear to be well fed, content, and happy. Pets can help to keep you healthy and certainly can be […]
In girth that is. The chef’s weight loss is frequently motivated by a health scare – although sometimes just by vanity or wanting to be more mobile and agile in the kitchen — many star chefs have devised their own plans for losing weight. Fortunately, for them, they have knowledge and their skill in the […]
There is a heck of a lot of snow outside. I actually can’t open my kitchen door because of a gigantic snowdrift. Many hours after the snow has deposited a foot and a half of whiteness (without the drifts), the guy who plows my driveway hasn’t been here yet because his truck broke down. It also happens to be two days after Christmas. I served lunch to twenty people on Christmas Day. I have leftovers – lots of them – and most of them are not, by any stretch of the imagination, of the low calorie variety. Being stuck inside with many leftovers in the fridge and a post-holiday slump leads to almost continuous nibbling and noshing. What to do?
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Your Holiday Eating Cheat Sheet December 5, 2013
- 12 Ways To Decrease Calories In Your Favorite Holiday Baked Goods – And They’ll Still Taste Great! December 3, 2013
- Leftover Turkey? How Long Can You Keep It? November 27, 2013
- How Many Calories Are In Typical Thanksgiving And Hanukkah Foods? November 25, 2013
- Do Holidays And Overeating Go Hand In Hand? November 21, 2013
- barbara schwarz: I've been sending you lots of emails. Have you r...
- Mary: I always eat my oreos in feverish little nibbles...
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...