What’s your plan? That sounds clinical — but it doesn’t have to be. It could be your saving grace. Think about how you want to handle yourself in the face of food, family, eggnog, and pecan pie. Nothing is engraved in stone but if you have an idea about what you want to do and [...]
Tag Archives | holiday calories
It’s holiday time and there’s lots of food around. Check out the calorie count and the distance you’d have to walk to burn off those calories if you have: One mixed drink One cup of coffee with cream and sugar One glass of cider or juice One cup of eggnog 10 Wheat Thins 2 tablespoons of [...]
The million dollar question is how can I get through the holidays without piling on weight? There are many strategies, tips, and techniques and you need to find the ones that work for you, your body, and your lifestyle. You need to create your own foodMAP – your own roadmap to happy, healthy, and delicious [...]
Doesn’t it feel like you gain at least seven pounds of weight, all of it blubber? A lot of us start indulging at Thanksgiving (some at Halloween) and don’t stop the free style calorie fest until those onerous New Year’s Resolutions. Then, because we feel guilty about indulgences, we swear we won’t touch another cookie [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Mayonnaise-Based Salads Can Have Over The Top Calories June 18, 2013
- How To Keep Grilled Food Safe To Eat June 13, 2013
- How To Keep Your Food Safe In The Sun And Heat June 11, 2013
- 10 Ways To Save Calories At Summer Parties, Picnics, And Barbecues June 6, 2013
- Nine Easy Calorie Saving Tips June 4, 2013
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...