It’s way too easy to forget those little clumps of calories that “jump” into your mouth and ultimately register on the scale. These Calories Still Count . . . the candy bar you bought at the gas station and ate in the car the 3 tootsie rolls you snagged from the receptionist’s desk the couple […]
Tag Archives | myfoodmaps
Do You Look Both Ways? Didn’t your parents teach you to look both ways before you cross the street? The very act of looking and analyzing the situation before you step off the curb means that you are being mindful of your surroundings and aware of potential problems – like a car or bike speeding […]
Do the stars, moon, sun, and all of the planets need to be in alignment for you to start your diet? Diet, not a word I usually use, generally implies deprivation and a way of life that is not easy, comforting, and fun. So no wonder there are tons of excuses and reasons not to […]
Have you eaten in some restaurants where the plates are so big that the server can’t find room to comfortably fit everything on the table? Maybe your plates are so big that you have trouble getting them into the dishwasher. Does it make a difference other than for convenience? You bet it does. The Size […]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Holiday Eating Worries? If You’re Going To Indulge, Make It Special December 9, 2013
- A Holiday Gift December 7, 2013
- Your Holiday Eating Cheat Sheet December 5, 2013
- 12 Ways To Decrease Calories In Your Favorite Holiday Baked Goods – And They’ll Still Taste Great! December 3, 2013
- Leftover Turkey? How Long Can You Keep It? November 27, 2013
- barbara schwarz: I've been sending you lots of emails. Have you r...
- Mary: I always eat my oreos in feverish little nibbles...
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...