Do you remember being told, “Eat your fruit and vegetables?” I certainly was told that – and I said the same thing to my kids. I’ve been watching members of my own family – who cover almost a century in age range – happily eat their fruit and vegetables. Over the past few days I’ve […]
Tag Archives | produce
It’s awfully hard to gauge how much food you’re putting on your plate – and even more difficult to figure out how much you’re popping into your mouth when you eat directly from a multi-serving bag of food. Portion size is critical to managing your weight. One helpful idea is to use commonplace objects as […]
Even though “organic” refers to a method of production rather than nutritional content, an “organic” label can make you believe that food is healthier and tastier. A Cornell University study was designed to test what’s called the “halo effect,” or the theory that people are influenced by how something is described. The Study The […]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- 10 Tips For Eating Well In A Restaurant March 7, 2014
- Leftovers: How Long Before You Have To Toss Them? March 3, 2014
- Here’s The Original Girl Scout Cookie Recipe (circa 1922) February 27, 2014
- Some Really Sensible and Easy To Follow Dietary Guidelines February 24, 2014
- Love Pie? Did You Know There’s A Huge Variation In Calories? February 16, 2014
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: I wish I could say the same for my cookies -- I en...
- Carolyn Adams: I enjoy your articles very much. Ironically I als...
- Valentine’s Day Tips! - New Homes Colorado Springs: […] to EatOutEatWell.com, there are about 1....
- 30 Easy And Doable Eat Out Resolutions To Try -- Pick One! - Eat Out, Eat Well: […] more ideas. Subscribe to EatOutEatWell...
- Taking A Break? Renting A Holiday Movie? Can You Name Some Famous Ones? - Eat Out, Eat Well: […] For more holiday trivia, eating tips, an...