The Popsicle And Serendipity By accident, on a cold night in San Francisco in 1905, an 11 year old left a powdered soda drink on the porch with a stirring stick still in it. The next morning there was this amazing frozen sweet stuff on a stick. Years later, Frank W. Epperson, the lucky kid, […]
Tag Archives | treats
You buy a candy bar at the gas station and eat it in the car You snag 3 tootsie rolls from the receptionist’s desk You grab a couple of samples of cheesecake at Costco You finish your child’s grilled cheese sandwich You taste the cookie batter and lick the bowl and beaters You finish the […]
Easter Eggs: The Confectionary Type They’re everywhere and at every price point. Some are piped with flowers and others are wrapped in foil. You find them in supermarkets, discount stores, and fancy candy stores. Easter is the second ranked holiday for candy purchases in the US (just behind Halloween) and solid, hollow, and filled chocolate […]
Jelly beans – little nuggets of sweetness that come in multitudes of colors and flavors. Their gummy insides might have originated centuries ago from the treat, Turkish Delight. Their outsides are basically the same as the colored hard candy coating, developed in the late 17th century, for the Jordan almond. The modern jelly bean appeared […]
Chocolate bark at the receptionist’s desk. Candy canes at the dry cleaners. A rotating selection of Christmas cookies on just about everyone’s desk. Happy holiday food gifts from grateful clients. And that doesn’t include the fantastic spreads at holiday parties and family events! Send to Kindle
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- How You Eat Your Oreo Says Something About You April 12, 2011
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- A Holiday Gift December 7, 2013
- Your Holiday Eating Cheat Sheet December 5, 2013
- 12 Ways To Decrease Calories In Your Favorite Holiday Baked Goods – And They’ll Still Taste Great! December 3, 2013
- Leftover Turkey? How Long Can You Keep It? November 27, 2013
- How Many Calories Are In Typical Thanksgiving And Hanukkah Foods? November 25, 2013
- barbara schwarz: I've been sending you lots of emails. Have you r...
- Mary: I always eat my oreos in feverish little nibbles...
- The Oreo Cookie Rookie :) | Play & Inspire: [...] way that you eat an Oreo says something abo...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...