Do you love a glass of wine (or two) with dinner – or maybe some champagne at Sunday brunch or at your friend’s wedding? What about that wonderful, sweet, thick dessert wine to polish off a fantastic meal? You may have your preferences – most of us do – but whether it’s red, white, dry, [...]
Tag Archives | wine
You may really look forward to happy hour or that before dinner drink. Time to relax and enjoy the company of friends or family. Not necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately, it’s way too easy to underestimate or forget about the calories lurking in that glass. Calories You Drink Don’t Fill You Up When you drink [...]
Walk into your kitchen – and there they are — swarming around your ripening peaches or bananas. Don’t those eighth of an inch little red-eyed fruit flies (but really, can you get up front and personal to see their red eyes?) drive you nuts? Where, oh where, did they come from – and how did [...]
Do you love wine with dinner – or maybe a glass of champagne at your friend’s wedding? What about that wonderful, sweet, thick dessert wine to polish off a fantastic meal? You may have your preference – most of us do – but whether it’s red, white, dry, sweet, or sparkling, it is really easy [...]
Lazy, Hazy Days Of Summer It’s summer. It’s hot. You’re thirsty. You want some shade and something cool – or maybe ice cold – to drink. Just remember – a lot of those cool, refreshing drinks come with a hefty dose of calories. Check Out The Calories You might be surprised at the caloric content [...]
Love your wine with dinner – or maybe that champagne at your friend’s wedding? What about that wonderful, sweet, thick dessert wine to polish off a fantastic meal? You may have your preference – most of us do – but whether it’s red, white, dry, sweet, or sparkling, it is really easy to overlook the [...]
Penny Manegan Klatell, PhD, RN
Penny is a doctoral level nurse; a health, life, and wellness coach; and a Mom. She’s also a nutritional counselor, food lover, former college professor, author, blogger, speaker, and a very frequent restaurant visitor. She’s from a Greek restaurant family where she learned to cook and discovered the need to speak loudly to be heard above the din. She writes about delicious, healthy food and how to eat well anytime, anywhere, and at any age.
Halloween ♦ Thanksgiving ♦ Hanukkah ♦ Christmas Kwanzaa ♦ New Year’s ♦ Super Bowl ♦ Valentine’s Day
Available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader at Amazon.com
Do you want to sail through the holidays without gaining a pound – while still enjoying Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey stuffing, Christmas cookies, New Year’s eggnog and Buffalo wings at your Super Bowl party? Let my new book help you learn some strategies, tips, and tricks for how to do that.
- How Juicy, Delicious Watermelon Can Help You Lose Weight August 1, 2012
- Chocolate Eggs And Bunny Ears April 6, 2012
- What About The Groceries In Your Hot Car? July 25, 2012
- Is Sea Salt Healthier Than Table Salt? April 20, 2012
- Are You Gearing Up For A Holiday Food Fest? April 3, 2012
- Vending Machines: What Are Your Favorite Letter/Number Combinations? May 22, 2013
- Do Ballparks And Amusement Parks Mean Hotdogs, Peanuts, And Cotton Candy? May 21, 2013
- What’s Your Favorite Movie Theater Food? May 20, 2013
- Brunch: Is It Lunch Or Breakfast – And Do you End Up Eating Both? May 19, 2013
- Is It Coffee, A Frappuccino, A Coolatta, Or Dessert? May 18, 2013
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Doreen. It's nice to hear from you and I...
- Doreen: I do appreciate your advice. Summer is so tempting...
- Diane: I just found your site and enjoyed many articles. ...
- Olivia Green: I've never been a huge fan of these "lose weight...
- Penny Klatell, PhD, RN: Thanks, Donna. I love stuffing, too -- I make min...